Among all the smart-home devices available today, a smart smoke alarm is probably the most important—even smart-home skeptics should consider getting one.
Smart smoke detectors operate much like traditional smoke detectors, sounding an alarm when smoke or fire is detected and providing as much warning as possible to get out safely in the event of a house fire.
Where smart smoke detectors have an edge is their ability to send a notification to your phone when the alarm is triggered – even if you are away from home. Most important, an alarm should connect with other alarms in the home, either wirelessly or (if your home supports it) through a hardwired connection. This means that when one alarm senses danger, all of the alarms will sound. This is a crucial safety feature that can save you precious seconds in evacuating your home. Smart smoke detectors also notify you when the battery gets low or if there is a problem with the sensors in the unit.
Most models of smart smoke detectors also incorporate carbon monoxide detection into their features as well. The Protect’s sensors can detect carbon monoxide, heat, humidity, room occupancy, and ambient light.
5 best Smart smoke detector
1. Nest Protect Smoke and CO Alarm | 2nd Generation Wired Smoke and Carbon Detector
The new Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has an industrial-grade smoke sensor, tests itself automatically, and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And just like the original Nest Protect, it tells you what¡¯s wrong and can even alert your phone.
Meet the all-new Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.
Hush alarms with your phone, not your dish towel. If everything¡¯s under control and there¡¯s only a little smoke, quiet down the alarm from the Nest app.
Everyone in your family can know what¡¯s going on, from anywhere. When something¡¯s wrong, Nest Protect sends everyone an alert in case no one¡¯s home.
Tired of getting woken up at 2 am by your smoke alarm? Long before it has to chirp, Nest Protect tells you its batteries are running low with a message on your phone.
2. Smk/Co Alarm Batt Wht
- Easily detects the location and cause of the problem Can be easily and immediately silenced from your phone Split-spectrum sensor detects fast and slow burning fires Sends alerts to your phone in case you aren’t home
- Easily Detects The Location And Cause Of The Problem
- Can Be Easily And Immediately Silenced From Your Phone
- Split-spectrum Sensor Detects Fast And Slow Burning Fires
- Sends Alerts To Your Phone In Case You Are Not Home
3. Airthings Wave Smart Radon Detector
- Air Things wave is not just a radon detector. It will provide you with detailed information about radon, temperature and humidity levels right on your phone. View daily, weekly, monthly and yearly measurements in the free mobile app.
- Use the data to take the necessary steps to protect your home and loved ones from the dangers of radon gas. 2 aa batteries will provide you will approximately 1.5 years of peace of mind.
- Accessing your radon levels in real time is necessary to minimize the potential health effects.
- Know your levels by using the free mobile app or wave in front of the device for easy to use color coding, also shown in the app. Green (good), yellow (warning) and red (danger).
4. Nest 9750016 T3016US Thermostat, 3.3 x 1.2 x 3.3, Black
- The Nest Learning Thermostat is here to help make your home work for you. Using smart learning technology, the Nest Learning Thermostat can learn what you like and automatically adjust itself to your comfort level.
- After a couple of days of manual adjustments, the Nest Learning Thermostat can anticipate when you would want to turn the temperature up, to help keep you cozy in the morning, and set the temperature down as you head to bed.
- The Thermostat also works in combination with your Nest Cellphone App. Remotely change the temperature so that your house can be warm when you come home or, turn the temperature down to save energy while you’re away.
- The Nest Thermostat is just one part of your heating and cooling system. But it can keep an eye on the rest of it. You’ll get an alert on your phone if there’s something wrong – like temperatures are so low your pipes could burst. And if it looks like your furnace is acting up, the Nest Thermostat will send you an alert.
- Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
5. SENTROL CLOUD DIY Smart Home Alarm Kit, Smart brain as WiFi router and Buzzer
IoT(Internet of Things) Wireless Controller Gateway
- Operating Frequency:2.4GHz ISM Band
- Power Supply:AC 100V~240V to DC 12V adapter
- Connectors:RJ45 for Ethernet, 1 x USB , DC jack DC 12V adapter, Built-in antenna
- Operating Environment:-10°C to +60°C / +14°F to +140°F
- Dimensions:118(L) x 97(W) x 27(H) mm
- Certifications:CE / FCC
Wireless Smart Plug
- Operating Voltage: 100 ~ 120 VAC
- Power Frequency: 50 ~ 60 Hz Max.
- Load Capacity: US: 12 A/100-120 VAC
- Color: Pearl-white
- Material: UL 94_V0 fire protection material
- Dimensions: (L) 68 X (W) 29 X (H) 50 mm
- Weight 81.5 g / 2.9 oz
- Certification FCC, NCC, UL
IoT Wireless PIR Motion Sensor
- Sensing Range:10 m / 110 ° in horizontal / 92 ° in vertical
- Installation height:2.0 to 2.5 meters / 8.2 feet
- Transmission Range:Up to 25 meters / 82 feet
- Power Consumption:10 ~ +50 °C / +14 ~ +122 ºF
- Power Supply:CR123A battery x 2
- Dimensions:79 (L) x 52 (W) x 60 (H) mm
IoT Wireless Door Open/Close Sensor
- Wireless Protocol:Compliant IEEE802.15.4 IoT HA Profile
- Operating Frequency:2.4 GHz
- Dimensions:40(L) X 38(W) X 11(H) mm
- Certifications:CE/ FCC
- Weight: 12g/0.4oz
- Battery Life: 1 year (depends on usage pattern)