Today We are going to discuss about amazon’s upgraded version Echo plus 2nd generation with built-in hub. Amazon has been already came out with new and different Echo units to meet the needs of its customers. In late 2017, Amazon has been released the Echo Plus 1st generation, which made controlling your smart home easier.It’s powered by Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant, and has a built-in Zigabee smart home hub and so it can talk to smart home sensors.. And, On October 11, 2018, Amazon is going to release the Echo Plus 2nd generation. The upgraded version Echo Plus sports an added temperature sensor, localized voice controls and setup assistance that could make the Amazon Echo Plus an ideal smart home control center.
To define the best things of the Plus 2 we need to compare it to the original. Both devices work great but the Plus 2 is the better option thanks to the temperature sensor and local voice control. The ability to gauge and adjust a room’s temperature makes this device a must as it truly improves your quality of life.
The Amazon Echo Plus was designed to be the centerpiece of your smart home experience. It is shorter and wider than its previous version, at less than 6 inches tall and around 4 inches wider, given the fabric surface on its exterior. It still has the same blue ring, and it has four buttons on top: volume up, volume down, action button, and mic off button. The Plus 2nd gen comes in heather grey, charcoal, or sandstone. A 3.5mm AUX jack remains on the back for hooking up another speaker, too.
Amazon claims the Echo Plus offers enhanced sound quality over its counterparts. A 3-inch neodymium woofer and increased back volume will give more depth and bass to its sound quality.
The new Echo Plus 2nd geration support Alexa’s new local voice control feature. That means If your internet or Wi-fi is not working, local voice control can do it so you can still use your voice to control your lights, plugs, and switches.
That upgrade might not seem like a big deal, but it could be handy in an emergency and will make controlling your smart home much easier if you have spotty Wi-Fi.
Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Generation
Echo Plus (2nd Gen) – Premium sound with built-in smart home hub – Sandstone
- Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
- New premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer settings.
- Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, call almost anyone, and more.
- Set up your smart home without a separate hub. Ask Alexa to control compatible smart lights, switches, sensors, door locks, and more. Echo Plus also includes a built-in temperature sensor.
- Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction-even while music is playing.
2. Echo Plus with built-in Hub (International Version) – Black
Echo Plus is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice, with a built-in Zigbee smart home hub. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, separate subscription required) and TuneIn (Internet radio), ask questions, make calls or send messages to other compatible Echo devices or the Alexa App (requires iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 or higher), and more. Just ask. You can also play music from your own collection or services on Echo Plus using Bluetooth from a compatible phone (without voice control).
Use the Alexa App (from iOS or Android App stores, where available) to do even more with your Echo Plus.
- Wi-fi connectivity:
Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- ZigBee connectivity: Built-in ZigBee smart home hub supports ZigBee light bulbs and plugs
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Warranty and service: 1-year limited warranty and service included
- Supported language: US English
- Echo Plus is a simple way to start your smart home. It has a built-in ZigBee smart home hub, which allows for easy setup of compatible ZigBee lights, plugs, and more from compatible brands. No additional hub required.
- Echo Plus connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to play music, make calls, set timers and alarms, ask questions, provide information, check weather, manage to-do and shopping lists, and more
- Just ask to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription required) and TuneIn. Connects to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Use Echo Plus as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your own collection or other services (requires Bluetooth connection from a compatible device, voice control not supported)
- Hands-free calling or messaging with other Echo devices or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in rooms throughout your home using just your voice (coming soon).
- Dual speakers with Dolby processing deliver crisp vocals and extended bass to fill the room with immersive, 360° audio
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction-even while music is playing
If you use a standalone Echo (non-Plus), you’ll be able to use Alexa skills to perform some basic functions on your compatible smart devices. But, Echo Plus lets you do a lot more. You could set up your home theater to watch a movie in one step by having lights dim, the music turn off, and the TV turn on with one command, for instance. Both the first generation and second generation Echo Plus units have this capability, given the addition of the built-in Zigabee Hub.
- Meet the Echo Plus - Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music. Fits best in communal spaces, like living and family rooms.
- Enjoy premium sound - A premium speaker powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer settings or pair with a second Echo Plus (2nd Gen) for stereo sound.
- jimhuss.com (12/22/2016)
- Running time: 3 min
- Alexa can show you more - Compact 5.5" smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
- Made to fit your life - Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Meet Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with a fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Meet Echo - Our flagship smart speaker that connects to Alexa to play music, set alarms and timers, answer questions, control smart home devices, and more. Fits best in communal spaces, like living and family rooms.
- Enjoy room-filling sound - Enjoy crisp vocals and dynamic bass response with Dolby processing.
/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API