The Arlo Pro is Netgear’s high-end, weather-proof and fully wireless camera. The Arlo Pro has a definite advantage over both the Canary Flex and the Logi Circle in terms of features. Its rechargeable battery is supposed to last longer, it offers free 7-day event-based cloud storage and it works with IFTTT and SmartThings.
Its rechargeable battery is simpler to deal with than the original Netgear Arlo’s expensive and hard-to-find CR123s. The Arlo Pro also adds in two-way audio so you can tell any unwelcome guests to get off your lawn, as well as receive audio alerts.
The benefits of a base station
The Arlo Pro 2 isn’t the only security system to take the base station approach. There are two major advantages of a dedicated base station. The base station requires a wired ethernet connection, which is a bit of a pain. However, the dedicated 2.4GHz low-power WiFi signal for your cameras ensures they sip power. The base station also supports removable storage, so you can save every single clip on a thumb drive or USB hard drive. The Arlo Pro 2 base station connects to your router directly via Ethernet, then broadcasts its own Wi-Fi signal to any connected camera. Regardless of traffic on your home network, it ensures the cameras receive the bandwidth they need. It has the additional benefit of significantly increasing battery life: Depending on the level activity, a camera can last as long as six months.
The Arlo Pro 2 looks almost identical to the old version. In fact, it connects to the same base station, which can save you some money if you’re just looking to add some new cameras to an existing setup. Adding Arlo devices is simple and usually works the first time. Press the sync button on your base station, press the button on the camera, and hold them close together for a few seconds. And just like that, your camera is paired.
Arlo Pro by NETGEAR Security System with Siren – 3 Rechargeable Wire-Free HD Cameras with Audio, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision, extra outdoor mount (VMS4330), Works with Alexa
- Arlo Pro is a 100% wire-free indoor/outdoor security camera with rechargeable batteries and audio and can be added to any Arlo base station system. Arlo Pro includes rechargeable batteries, motion, and sound-activated alerts, 2-way audio, a 100+ decibel siren, and 7 days of free cloud HD video recordings. Arlo covers every angle to help keep you safe and protected.
- Note: Place the camera within the WiFi’s range for the device to work effectively.
- Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/Fire TV/Google Assistant – View your live video with a simple voice command. Works with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and more
- Operating temperature:-4° to 113° F (-20° C to 45° C).100% Wire-free – Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- Weather-resistant – Arlo Pro cameras are weather-resistant so you can place them anywhere-indoors and out
- Rechargeable Batteries – Arlo Pro cameras include rechargeable batteries that support fast charging
- 2-Way Audio – Built-in mic and speaker enable push-to-talk capability, so you can listen in and talk back
- 7 Days of Free Cloud Recordings – Arlo Pro comes with recurring 7-day free cloud recordings Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
- Included – 3x Wire-free HD cameras with audio 4x Rechargeable batteries 1x Camera power adapter 1x Camera power cable 1x Base station with a built in siren 1x Ethernet cable 1x Outdoor Mount 3x Wall mounts 2 Wall mount screw sets 1x Quick start guide 2x Window Decals
- Arlo Smart adds powerful intelligence to your Arlo cameras.
It works alongside all other Arlo products, and while it’s certainly expensive, if you have a large property and want to keep an eye on animals outdoors, or want a camera that can be moved around frequently, it’s brilliant.