We love smart home devices because they allow our basic day to day lives to catch up with the technology that’s been improving the world on a large scale. Don’t let the budget get in the way of added home security.
Thanks to advances in smart home technology and home automation security products, you can now monitor your home’s cameras, security solutions and more, no matter where you are in the world. In this more intimate setting, technology can be used to dramatically streamline the routine things so that you can focus on the important stuff.
Best 5 Safety sensors to secure your home
Installing a home safety system comes with many advantages that range from the purely monetary to all safety of your home and family. Selecting the best home safety system means testing its features and figuring out which devices and services will benefit your family the most.
First Alert 2-in-1 Z-Wave Smoke Detector & Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- The First Alert ZCOMBO-G is a Z-wave protocol smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm.
- This battery operated alarm will operate with a 3Rd party, certified z-wave Devices enabled with the First Alert protocol and the basic Command class required by all z-wave Devices.
- By the requirements of the device class Spec, this Command class does not have to be mapped to any particular functionality for this device.
- The alarm supports one association group with up to 1 node and sends its alarms to that group. Note: this alarm is not compatible with onelink.
- Z-wave compatible smoke and carbon monoxide alarm. First Alert Z-Wave Detector – NOT WINK compatible
- The integrated wireless alarm system is Iris compatible to send you mobile alerts and emails. The alarm is also compatible with 3rd party certified z-wave devices with the First Alert protocol. Note- this alarm is not compatible with Onelink. Wireless connection to z-wave hub (not included)
- Reliable electrochemical co and photoelectric smoke sensors
- Features single button test/Silence and the side-access battery drawer
- Meets UL standards and backed by 7-year limited warranty. The device will not remain awake after resetting and will go into standby mode
- Certified for use with Nexia Home Intelligence or other Z-Wave systems
2. Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Protect Your Home From Fire and Gas Leaks, Even When You’re Away, Battery Powered (Second Generation)
- It’s time to expect more from your smoke alarm. Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has a Split-Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade.
- It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone.
- Nest products are made to work together. And they can even work with lights, locks and other products in your home.
- The Nest Protect can alert the Nest Thermostat when it detects carbon monoxide and the Thermostat can turn off the furnace to try and reduce the leak while you get to safety.
- Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
3. First Alert BRK 9120B Hardwired Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup
- This First Alert hardwired smoke alarm includes a 9-volt battery backup that continues to protect you in the event of a power failure.
- The detector features an ionization sensor for detection of smoke and fast-flaming fires, as well as a loud, 85-decibel alarm. One button silences any nuisance alarms, and also tests detector functions, while lights indicate if the alarm detects smoke.
- The latching alarm indicator automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm, even after the conditions that set off the alarm have subsided. And an end-of-life signal enhances your safety by letting you know when it’s time to replace the unit.
- Connect it to compatible BRK or First Alert alarms within a single-family residence. When one alarm is triggered, all connected alarms will sound.
- Introducing the revolutionary BRK 9120 series smoke alarms which have been redesigned from the ground up. They install faster, perform better, and are even smarter than before.
- All of these improvements help reduce nuisance alarms and save you time and money. BRK Electronics smoke alarms are designed to be easy to install, easy to maintain, and quality-engineered for years of virtually maintenance-free service.
4. Canary All-in-One Home Security Device – Black
- Home security made easy. Protect your home with Canary’s 90+ dB siren, motion-activated recording, auto-arm/disarm, and automatic connection to your local authorities Stream real-time video of your home with Canary’s 1080p HD camera, 147 wide-angle lens, night vision, and high-quality audio Monitor air quality, temperature, and humidity to help understand how your home might be affecting your health Receive instant video alerts on your iOS or AndroidTM device and respond to incidents before they turn into emergencies Sets up in minutes–download the free app, put Canary on a shelf or table, plug it in, connect to the internet, and you’re ready to go! Ready to go right out of the box; includes free cloud storage for recent events Secure your house with a simple touch from your phone. Canary’s simple, smart home monitoring solution goes way beyond the perimeter. It lets you see and hear what’s happening inside the house using wide-angle HD video monitoring, high-quality audio, motion detection, and temperature, humidity, and air quality readings. With Canary, you have all the information you need to choose the right response, whether it’s calling the authorities or sounding the alarm. Secure your house with ease.
5. Airthings Wave Smart Radon Detector with the Free app – Easy-to-Use – Temp and Humidity – Accurate – No Lab Fees – Battery Operated
- Air Things wave is not just a radon detector. It will provide you with detailed information about radon, temperature and humidity levels right on your phone.
- View daily, weekly, monthly and yearly measurements in the free mobile app. Use the data to take the necessary steps to protect your home and loved ones from the dangers of radon gas. 2 aa batteries will provide you will approximately 1.5 years of peace of mind.
- Accessing your radon levels in real time is necessary to minimize the potential health effects. Know your levels by using the free mobile app or wave in front of the device for easy to use color coding, also shown in the app. Green (good), yellow (warning) and red (danger).
- Air Things wave is easy to use and easy to install. 2 aa batteries will provide you will approximately 1.5 years of peace of mind.
- Continuous monitoring of radon, temperature and humidity
- Detailed data on your free app or Airthings Dashboard
- Wave over device for color-coded indication – Good, Warning, Danger
- Bluetooth connectivity with 1.5 year battery life
- Radon gas fluctuates daily and needs constant monitoring to minimize negative health effects
- DIY home security system: Easy-To-Install panel with wireless sensors that can be integrated in minutes with automated Fast-Response alarms to instantly notify authorities
- On-the-go mobile control: receive instant updates with text and email alerts and access to advanced system control from your smartphone or computer
- ◆ HIGH SENSITIVITY TRIGGER ALARM: This Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor mounts to door or window, detects when it is opened or closed, and send notifications immediately to the Z-Wave network. View the message records, always note the family situation, more assured. Increases your comfort and safety.
- ◆ EASY INSTALLATION: You can put the contact sensor wherever you want (e.g. interior door, garage doors, window, drawer, cabinets, safety gates and more ). Compact and convenient, easy installation. Easily pairs with Z-Wave open gateway to create security and automation rules.
- SAFETY - Help reduce your worries that the stove gas has been left on accidentally. This alarm will sound an 85dB alarm with flashing LED when it detects combustible gases including kitchen methane / natural gas or camping propane before it reaches an explosive level leading to fires. Feel more assured that your family is safe.
- SCIENTIFIC - This alarm precisely measures and displays concentration of combustible gas as an easy-to-read percentage from 0% to 20% of LEL. View the concentration of combustible gas on the LED screen before it reaches its explosive concentration level. Audible alarm sounds when gas level reaches 5% of Lower Explosive Limit (LEL).
- Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone Easy-to-add functionality with existing garage door openers
- Receive alerts when your garage door opens or closes in real time by setting up customized notifications - great for busy families who come and go from the house through the garage
- ADVANCED SENSOR: Make it easier to move around in the dark with this Light It! sensor light. This motion-activated device switches on when movement is detected within 5 meters, action after about 20 seconds, automatically shut down.
- SUPER BRIGHT LED SENSOR LIGHT: Walk safely at night under the illumination of this versatile TOMSOO motion activated light. Its ultrabright LED reaches 150 feet to illuminate dark stairways, closets and halls, ensuring safe passage through hallways and rooms.
/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API