Dyson is a brand that known for high-technology products that set out to solve common household problems. Dyson has been always known for making high premium quality products, similar to Apple’s offerings in the smartphone and laptop world. They use even the same design philosophy as the products are clean, minimal and easy to use.
Dyson Pure Cool Air purifiers capture gases, odors, and household fumes. Where, other purifiers can struggle to trap pollutants, releasing them back into the room. But Dyson purifiers work differently. They capture 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns and keep them trapped. Now the question is arises how? Air purifiers use a technique of internal fans to pull the air in your house through a series of filters that eliminate harmful airborne particles like dust, pollen, and bacteria. The air purifier then circulates the filtered air back into the room.
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier Features:
- The only purifying fan to clean a whole room properly
- Senses: automatically senses & reports air quality levels on LCD display
- Captures: sealed HEPA and activated carbon filters capture pollutants
- Up to 350 degrees of oscillation
- Dual functionality: forward airflow mode and Backward airflow mode
How is it works?
The only purifying fan to clean a whole room properly. We design our purifying fans to go beyond test chamber conditions and focus on real home conditions – this is more than just having an efficient filter.
1. Dyson engineers and research concluded that to clean an entire room properly, you need to sense pollution events automatically; capture ultrafine pollutants, and project cleaner air around the room using Air Multiplier technology. Only the Dyson purifying fan is designed and tested to do all of this.
2. SENSES: Automatically senses & reports air quality levels on LCD display on purifier, including ultrafine particles (PM 2.5), allergens (PM10), volatile organic compounds (VOCs) & Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2).
CAPTURES: Sealed HEPA and activated carbon filters capture pollutants.
PROJECTS: Air Multiplier technology delivers a smooth, yet powerful airflow throughout the whole room. Up to 350 Degree of oscillation.
DUAL FUNCTIONALITY: Forward airflow mode purifies while cooling you as a fan. Backward airflow mode purifies without cooling you. 90% of allergy sufferers surveyed would recommend a Dyson Purifier.
3. Night-time mode monitors and purifies using quiet settings, with a dimmed display.
- The AHAM AC1-2015 standard sets out how air cleaner manufacturers can define their performance by “the relative reduction of particulate matter suspended in the air in a specified test chamber” – this means their performance is based on cleaning efficiency rates only.
- Tested to Dyson internal test method TM-003711 in a 290ft2 room and DTM801.
- Based on a 2017 Dyson survey of self-reported allergy sufferers after use.
Opening the door on the base will unveil VOC and particle sensors which are used to observe particulates and gases. In the auto mode, the purifier will set fan speed based on the info given by those sensors.
The Dyson Link app says the current air condition in my room is ‘Fair‘, that means there are some ultrafine particles including pollen, bacteria and pet dander. There is no other indicating number, so it’s very difficult to tell how bad the air is. However, after turning on the purifier for a couple of days, the engine became idle and the app told me that the air is ‘Good‘. The A symbol on the LED display will turn green when the air quality target is met.
There are two sizes (desk and tower) and two colors available. The difference is that the larger tower (40 inches high) is rated for a larger room size of 450 sq feet while the circular desk unit (24 inches high) is rated for a room up to 350 sq feet. In both sizes, the entire unit can quietly oscillate to try and reach the corners of the room. A small infrared remote controller can help you control the fan speed, oscillation, auto mode and power on/off from across the room.
It can Remotely clean the air in indoor spaces up to 300 square feet with the Wi-Fi integrated Dyson Pure Cool Link Purifier.
Dyson’s air purifiers look fancy and expensive. The blue and grey model we tested is especially attention-grabbing. There are two variants – Desk and Tower. The Desk model has a smaller circular loop, while the Tower model has an elongated ellipse instead, and is meant to stand on the floor.
There’s a cylindrical base with a mesh through which air is brought in, after which it’s driven through the loop above, and pushed out after being purified.
It is extremely easy to set up and manage. And though it’s good that the remote is curved and can attach to the top of the Dyson for safekeeping via magnetization, the voice-compatibility is a key functionality. If you’re hot or plagued by allergies, you’re already feeling lethargic. If you forgot the remote anywhere in the house, it’s really useful to be able to control the fan with your voice.
This can be a hands-off device – set it to auto and it will keep your air cleaner. As soon as it detects pollutants in the air, it kicks in and cleans them until the air quality reaches an acceptable level. Then you can watch it clear everything while it shows you either on the app or the panel.
- Minimal design
- Easy to use with a remote control or Dyson app
- Quiet in Auto mode
- The fan is quite powerful as compared to any other bladeless fan
- Air quality is improved after 1 day (according to the app)
- This isn’t a cheap solution. Aside from the initial outlay, the filters themselves are quite pricey.
- The airflow is directed to 1 person only
Those filters don’t last forever, though. Dyson says if you run the purifier for 12 hours a day, the filters should last about a year (a little over 4,000 hours total), though many households — especially those that are empty during the day — likely won’t need to run it that much. Filter replacements cost $79.99 ($10 more than the previous model).
For many, the reverse mode will be the only setting they’ll need to adjust from time to time — the new Dyson Pure Cool is definitely designed to be a “set it and forget it” device. Some people buy Dyson primarily for efficacy, while others buy it primarily for its look and/or warranty
- Pure Cool Me HEPA air purifier - Dyson's first personal purifying fan. Delivers a focused stream of purified air to cool you
- Captures: Fully sealed HEPA filter and activated carbon filter captures 99. 97% of allergens and pollutants, including pollen, bacteria, and pet dander
- MULTI-FUNCTIONALITY: HEPA Air Purifier. Space Heater, + Fan. And HEPA Air Purifier. In one. Backward airflow mode purifies without cooling or heating you
- SENSES: Automatically senses air pollution events, initiates purification, & reports air quality levels on LCD display, including ultrafine particles (PM 2. 5), allergens (PM10), volatile organic compounds (VOCs) & Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
- The Dyson Pure Hot Cool purifies, heats, and cools you - delivering multifunctionality, without compromise
- CAPTURES: The sealed HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of allergens as small as 0. 3 microns makes this an ideal air purifier for allergies, pets, dust, pollen and mold spores
- Designed to Compatible with Dyson Tower Purifier Pure Cool Link TP02, TP03. (⚠️ Please verify the height of your filter to ensure that this is the correct filter ⚠️).
- Compatible with Dyson Tower Purifier
- Automatically removes 99.97Percent of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns from your home
- Purification all year round. Purifying fan in summer. Cord length:1.8 m
- Compatible with Dyson desk purifiers Dyson Pure Cool Link Desk first generation. (part numbers: 305214-01, 308033-01, 308034-01, 309423-01, 308404-01)
- Compatible with: first generation purifying heaters Pure Hot + Cool Link (part numbers: 305571-01, 305570-01, 307058-01, 308396-01, 308395-01)
- Automatically Purifies to Remove 99.97% of Allergens and Pollutants As Small As 0.3 Microns
- 3-in-1 Heater, Fan and Purifier
- Designed to Compatible with machines TP02 US Sm/Nk TP02 US Nk/Nk and first generation tower purifiers Pure Cool Link. (part numbers: 305158-01, 305159-01, 308400-01, 308401-01)
- This replacement Evo filter is compatible with all TP02 and TP03 models
- Hepa filter air purifier compatible: Dyson desk pure hot cool link HP00 HP01 HP02 HP03 DP01 DP02 DP03 air purifier and part number 967449-04. NOT FIT tower purifier model
- Air filter replacement multi-layer design: hepa filtration + mesh filtration + active carbon filtration, so that clean different pollutants(dust, smoke, pollen and mold spores), let the air more fresh
- Designed to Compatible with machines TP02 US Sm/Nk TP02 US Nk/Nk and first generation Dyson tower purifiers Dyson Pure Cool Link. (part numbers: 305158-01, 305159-01, 308400-01, 308401-01)
- This replacement Evo filter is compatible with all TP02 and TP03 models ( Please confirm your filter size before purchasing ! )
/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API