Smart lighting is great because of the options you have at your disposal: You can control them with just your phone or your voice. You can change the tone, brightness, and even color. There are so many options with smart lights, you may wonder what took you so long to make the switch.
Hive has now introduced additional accessories to add to your Hive Active Heating smart home environment, including smart sensors and active plugs. As with the majority of smart lighting systems, the intelligence in the Hive Active Light is integrated into the light bulb itself. This makes the bulbs a fraction heavier than a traditional ‘dumb’ LED light bulb, but not to the point where you need any special fittings. Externally, the Active Light looks just like any other LED bulb.
Installing the Hive Active Light bulb was simple. basically, you just screw the bulb into the lamp, switch it on – the bulb won’t light up – then launch the Hive App on your mobile, tablet or laptop, and select the option to install a new device. This worked without any issues and we were up and running within seconds.
Apart from color options, we found one more major configuration that might be very useful: that is the bulb schedule option. You have a weekly calendar where you can set up when the light comes on and when it switches off.
Hive active Light
- Hive Smart Home devices enable worry-free home automation to fit all your household needs. Heat and cool your home with the Smart Thermostat or the Heating & Cooling Pack.
- Perfectly fit the mood with a variety of smart bulbs, ranging from any color imaginable to dimmable white. Never worry about your home while away with a Wi-Fi Home Security Camera to watch your pet or a Smart Home Plug to remotely control your appliances.
- The Hive eco-system only grows stronger the more digital devices you have, as hub-enabled devices act as signal repeaters to form a mesh network to enable a single hub to support an even larger area.
- Lighting the way: Pair your Hive active lighting with motion sensors ensure you’re never lost in the dark
- Save energy: turn your smart lights on or off from anywhere with your phone for easy automation
- Set schedules: turn your smart bulbs on or change their brightness automatically
Each system comes with its own pros and cons, so here we’ll talk you through the brands you should be aware of, plus which smart lighting solution will be the best fit for you and your home.