The Netatmo Welcome camera is a golden cylindrical anodized device made of aluminum – the same form factor as the Netatmo Weather Station – and should be positioned in view of your front door. The Netatmo Welcome takes security cameras a step further so it can not only recognize movement but also recognize the people who are entering your home.
It adds another level of security to your home and peace of mind for parents who are notified when their kids are home again. It allows you to notifications can be seen on your iPhone, Android smartphone, iPad or Android tablet, on a web browser and also on your Apple Watch.
Like the Presence, the Welcome camera also records videos locally and will save them in your Dropbox account or personal FTP server.
Netatmo Welcome Video Storage
Welcome now offers four options for video storage.
1. Internal storage using a MicroSD card.
2. Free Cloud Storage.
The app presents the faces seen by the camera in the timeline so it’s easy to keep track of the people in your home. the app informs you that the Welcome camera can recognize your loved ones from each other and from strangers after training the camera to recognize all the different faces captured of each of the residents. In addition, there are no subscription fees because all the video is stored locally and copied to Dropbox or your personal FTP server (if you set these up).
- SIZE: 45 x 45 x 155 mm / 1.8 x 1.8 x 6 inches
- MECHANICS & DESIGN: Single-piece durable anodized aluminum shell
- Video sensor: 4MP
- Resolution: Up to 1920×1080
- 130° field of view
- CONNECTIVITY SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ethernet RJ-45 port: 10/100 Mbits
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4G)
- DATA STORAGE: MicroSD card up to 32GB (8GB class 10 MicroSD card included)
- IPHONE AND IPAD COMPATIBILITY: iOS 9 minimum required
- ANDROID COMPATIBILITY: Android 4.3 minimum required
- BROWSER SUPPORT: Webapp available for the two latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer
- No subscription fees
The Netatmo Welcome camera is actually a small camera measuring 6″ tall (15.3 cm) and 1.75″ in diameter (4.5 cm). It is encased in a very nice gold-colored aluminum cylinder housing and the camera, nighttime infrared LED, and motion sensor are contained behind black plastic. The back of the camera contains a micro-SD card slot (the camera comes with an 8 GB card), a micro-USB port, and an Ethernet port.
Indoor Security Siren
Netatmo has also announced an indoor siren compatible with Welcome and Tags. The siren, which can produce up to a 110dB sound, can alert you if Welcome or the Tags detect intrusion or alerts. And if an intruder tries to tamper with the siren, you will be alerted thanks to the device’s ability to detect vibration and impact.
Effortless setup in a few minutes
The Smart Indoor Camera’s setup is straightforward: place the camera indoors, facing your entrance, plug it in and download the App. Identify your loved ones with a simple click. That’s it
Netamo Welcome Security Camera Short Intro:
Welcome is a new-generation smart indoor security camera. Unlike the usual motion alerts which require you to waste time watching the footage, Welcome sends an immediate alert if an intruder has been detected in your home, complete with a picture of the person’s face and a video recording. The camera uses facial recognition technology to help you look after your children or elderly parents, sending their name to your smartphone to let you know they are well. You can also use the app to disable video recording and notifications for familiar faces. When Welcome hears an alarm, whether it be a smoke alarm, CO alarm, security alarm or the Siren, it will send a notification and record a video. Welcome’s setup is quick and easy: place the camera facing your entrance, plug it in and download the app to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network. Identify your loved ones with a simple click. That’s it. Your home is now protected against break-ins!
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: receive home intruder alerts direct to your smartphone
- RECEIVE CUSTOM ALERTS: Welcome uses facial recognition to distinguish between intruders and your friends and family
- ROUND-THE-CLOCK SECURITY: use the app to watch Full HD footage of what happens in your home, 24/7
- PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY: disable video recording and notifications for familiar faces via the app
- FREE VIDEO STORAGE: store your videos at no additional cost and stream them whenever you want
- ALARM DETECTION: receive an alert when the system detects an alarm coming from the Siren or Smoke Detector
- EFFORTLESS SETUP in a few minutes: place the camera indoors, facing your entrance, plug it in and download the app.